Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Windy Season & New Shoes!

Finally, I got to try out my new Specialized Shoes from Echelon Cyclery today.  Have to say the wind was a challenge.  I was doing 22kms per hour heading into Waipu City and heading back from Waipu City to Mama & Papa's I was doing 44kms per hour.  The difference of having a tail wind is HUGE!
There were a heap of road works from Waipu to Langs.  Heading back to Waipu down the Langs Beach hill I nearly collided with a ute that had stopped, with another 30 odd cars winding up the hill.  I hit some gravel, which mixed with brakes isn't flash!  Fortunately there was nothing coming on the other side of the road so avoided a collision....  When I got to the bottom of the hill there was a very nice young 'lollipop' man!  He let me go before any cars went, "I'll let you get a head start, love!"  Fantastic!


33.27
1:15:49
26.33 av speed
66.31 max speed
78 cadence

No comments:

Post a Comment