Monday, September 30, 2013

Ride To Cure Cancer Blog Posts

Life's Like A Box Of Chocolates! - September 30
You never know whatcha gunna get! My friend Yvonne is back in hospital. This time with an infection in her lost eye socket. It's not bad enough that she's lost her eye, been through all of the treatment, moulting like my cat! but now is on her 3rd infection. This one bad enough that you can visibly see the swelling above her eyebrow and below her cheek bones. Not only does she have to cope with this but also the hideously disgusting food that the hospital dishes up. I think we need to get Yvonne's boyfriend, Jamie Oliver, over to help them out. Seriously the food is vile and unappetising to look at let alone taste it!
All of this certainly makes the hills easier to cope with. I keep thinking of Yvonne and her battles. A wee hill climb is nothing!
 
Echelon Cyclery - 20 September
I have joined Echelon Cyclery Saturday morning shop rides. What an awesome group of people, who cater for all levels of cycling abilities. If you are struggling to find time to fit in some kms, come and join in. They are very welcoming, friendly and down to earth.
I had a bike Body Geometry FIT at Echelon Cyclery yesterday. It made the world of difference with the changes Brett made. Well worth the effort and cost if your cycling isn't feeling the best and/or you aren't achieving your goals.

Positivity - 17 September
I'm constantly amazed at my two friends and colleagues, Yvonne & Wendy, who have both battled cancer this year. Their amazing outlook on life and positivity at, what must be a traumatic time in their lives, is a real lesson to us all. Wendy is already back at work and Yvonne starts back next term. This in itself is to be applauded.
I'm in awe of these two women. I'm convinced that with their attitudes and positive outlook on life they will win their battles with the big c.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment