Saturday, September 21, 2013

Great Group of People

I forked out an extreme amount of money yesterday, but it was well worth it.  I had a Bike Geometry Fit with Brett Burton from Echelon Cycles.  It was well worth the money.  I had my seat raised 1cm.  My stem shortened 4cms and handlebars lifted.  Had a wedge put into my left shoe and orthotic type soles inserted in both shoes.  I also splashed out and bought new shoes!  Ok I got new gloves too.  AND yes I'm probably going to get the shop kit to wear!
The cycle today felt awesome.  The speed along Red Hills Road was exhilarating.   Brett also gave some tips on how to attack the hills which I could manage to do successfully until Ridge Road.   That's where my legs started to give out a bit.  It could be that I only had icecream and a glass of wine for dinner...Stupid I know!  
It was fabulous to see the Hook family out to support on Ridge Road today.  
I went with the next group up from last week and managed to keep up with them right until Dotcom's house.  The great thing is that at the top of the road the group waits and has something to eat.  
We also managed to hit Milford in time to watch the end of the first America's Cup race.  Who knew there were so many rules for a boat race.   The wind is too strong... Then it's too weak and there's a time cut off of 40mins.  Tomorrow's the day I think.
All in all a great ride with great people.  


I didn't check if my speedo was working before we started cycling this morning so it's about 5 kms short. 
75.55kms
2:41:37
28.04 av speed - nice number!
65.92 max speed
80 cadence

No comments:

Post a Comment