Sunday, September 1, 2013

Social Sunday Sycle!

I didn't have much energy today.  A combination of a few drinks last night and a ride yesterday I guess.  I think I'll have to do a larger ride on a Saturday and a smaller one on the Sunday.  Or do I do 2 big ones....?  
I do need to work on building speed up hills.  I have Amy Taylor's Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge Book on my bedside table.  Perhaps that has a few gems of information inside it.  I'll make a plan to start reading that this week.
I also need to investigate apps that map my ride... Strava or Map My Ride?  Ones that are embeddable I guess.  Today's route:
from home up to Torbay, beach road, stop in Milford for a quick chat with Amy, North Head, Naval Base, Bayswater, Wairau Road to Spinella Drive onto the Vodka Vault in Bayview for a coffee and natter with the Smiths!, up Lynn Ave, Manuka Rd, Glenfield Road, Old Albany Highway, Oteha Valley, Glenvar and home:
62.81kms
2:35:35 time on the bike!  Getting home took a bit longer with the coffee stop!
24.22 av speed
59.53 max speed
79 cadence
All that moaning and groaning aside.... What an awesome weekend for cycling.  Great to be out and about.
I felt like this today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment