Saturday, August 31, 2013

Awesome 'Winters' Day

What an awesome day for a cycle this morning.  I set off down to Devonport via Fitzwilliam Hill and East Coast Road, through The Strand at Takapuna.  Here I abused Sam, Ashley and baby Willow for holding up the traffic as they crossed the road!  I have to say it was lovely to stop and have a chat and enjoy the magnificent view of Takapuna Beach.  I carried onto North Head in Devonport where I stood and contemplated life before heading back to Torbay via The Naval Base, Bayswater, Takapuna and Beach Road.  I have to say that Beach Road is getting easier.  I'm not any faster, I don't think, but it is getting easier.  I have to remind myself to dig it in as it is very easy to drift off into dreamland!
53.26kms
2:10:06 Time
24.56 av speed
61.66 max speed
82 cadence
There may have been a few car accidents and pedestrians being blinded today.  Because it was such a nice day I wore my bike shorts instead of 3/4 bike pants.  My legs matched my white base layer perfectly.....

Next time I head off for a cycle I need to get sorted before I leave the property.  I forgot my gloves so had to turn around and go back.  I also forgot deodorant, sunblock for my face AND when I looked at my bare legs, I hadn't shaved in a couple of days.... well maybe more than a couple!  Nice :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment