Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Shitty End to a Shitty Couple of Weeks.... 13 August '13

I've had a couple of weeks of having to dig deep and get over a couple of things only to receive this Facebook message from my friend. It makes you realise your personal battles are minute / minuscule in the big scheme of things.... 
"Hey you, where to start, ride your heart out please I need it. Went to oncology appt yesterday, not really the place for this, but get too upset on phone. Not good news, it is back, have to have another scan, then onto containment chemo, only saving grace is nothing shows in blood, so with the hugest of miracles the lymph nodes that have wrapped themselves aortic artery could disappear like the last one around stoma, I asked the big question, and didn't like the answer, 2to3 years, I am going nowhere for at least 5, so there. Neither of us were happy chappies yesterday, understandably, but hey shit happens, have to get on and deal with it, will let you know when scan is, most probably next week, he wants me back on chemo in a couple of weeks, down here that could mean anything, country time. Love xxxx"
So the bowel cancer has returned after finishing chemo earlier in the year. I'll certainly be riding my heart and soul out come November.
What is it like to be given a life expectancy? The message says she isn't going anywhere for 5 years. You'd be wanting to beat it fullstop wouldn't you? I want her to beat it, fullstop!

No comments:

Post a Comment