Saturday, August 17, 2013

Not just humans... 6 June '13

I've just had a really sad text from my friend. For the past 14 years we have been walking, cycling or gyming in the mornings. The last 12 with Charlie her gorgeous black labrador. The text says:
I have some really sad news Charlie has a nasty tumour on his leg and is being put to rest on Saturday. Tomorrow will probably be his last walk but he can't walk far probably just the block. Can I change the plans in the morning and have you come here for a last walk with Charles?
So it seems we humans aren't the only ones who are struck by this hideous phenomenon - cancer. I hope that some great research and a cure comes out of this bike ride. Too many stories, too many lives lost, too many lives affected by this disease.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment