Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sir Peter Leitch 8 June '13

I sent a letter to Sir Peter last week requesting sponsorship, never expecting anything from it as he must get 1000s of requests each year. However, this morning I received a phone call from the man himself. No he can't sponsor me as he sponsors a lot already, but what a gentleman! We had a very nice 5 minute conversation and wished me well on this adventure. An interesting point he made, and I have thought about it myself, is that there are many different cancer fundraising organisations. Breast cancer, prostate cancer etc. If these organisations all came together under the one umbrella would this improve the capabilities of finding a cure for this hideous disease? Would the combined efforts join together as one to find the cure? Worth considering I think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment