Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sunday Ride

Jim Hickey had news that was music to my ears this evening.  It's going to be a great morning for cycling.  After not riding on the road for 2 weeks (I've had an awful hacking cough with debilitating lethargy) I'm itching to get out there.  I have managed to force myself on the rollers and do about 15kms at a time.  It's amazing the amount of perspiration, ok sweat, comes off me in such a short time!  It's an incredible workout compared to the road.  I'm up to about 33km average speed with 85 cadence.  Can't manage to do the full 15kms without stopping for a break yet!  I'll get there.  I did 30kms this afternoon.  It's not so bad with the music blaring!
Can't wait for the sunshine tomorrow and a return to the road!

The view from on top of North Head.... Nice trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment