Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pinehill Students Now Involved 16 June '13

We have a 'TV station' at school that showcases the things that kids around the school have been working on. For whatever reasons this has dwindled over the last few years. A couple of my colleagues are bringing it back to life with their first episode being about me and my journey so far for the 200km Ride to Conquer Cancer.
It's quite exciting to be part of some real meaningful and authentic learning for the 4 kids involved. They have a few goals to achieve related to the 'programme'. At the moment these goals are top secret! Another very neat thing is that I have taught the kids so I already have a connection with them. The bonus is that they are super cool kids who all have a great sense of humour - we are going to have some fun! 
So far they have interviewed me, made up a story board, planned what footage of me they are going to take - yes gross me on camera - the things we do to raise money! They even spoke about me waking up at 5:37am and stumbling around in the dark. One hopes they aren't wanting to do this live..... I think my 2 kids can do that part for them.
I'll keep you posted on the developments. I can't wait to see the finished product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment