Saturday, August 17, 2013

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! 29 June '13

I really have had enough of hearing about the amount of people who are affected by cancer. THIS MADNESS HAS TO STOP!
This week I had lunch with my good friend. She hadn't gone to work for the day and at that point I thought something was up... Never thinking it would be because she'd been to the doctor after discovering a lump on her breast. She has had the blood tests and is now waiting until Tuesday for the mammogram and ultra sound. I hope like hell it's just a cyst or an abscess.
The next day a woman who we deal with at work had said that she had been told that morning she had bowel cancer. Hers had been picked up through the national screening program. This starts once you hit 50. She had no idea. I guess this screening programme is doing what it should be doing. Should we be testing younger? Shouldn't there have been a cure by now? Why is it taking so bloody long to find a cure?
And today my 17 year old had her makeup done by a friend of my sisters. She had a scarf on which looked quite funky. When she left my sister filled me in:
She is 28 years old. Has had breast cancer. Is now going through menopause because of the drugs she is on. She can not have any children. She is a stunning woman. I'm not just meaning to look at. She is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but she is a really calm, sincere and genuinely nice person. I REPEAT.... Shouldn't there have been a cure by now? Why is it taking so bloody long to find a cure? 

No comments:

Post a Comment